Each class of leaders will typically have one to two people who stay in China for the majority of their careers and eventually become cornerstones of the AmCham China community as committee members or as part of the Board of Governors.
To download the slideshow and learn more about the LDP, please click here.
2019 Class Quotes
“The instructors were very experienced and insightful, and inspired our thoughts and discussion. I got much more out of this one-year journey than I expected.”
– Cindy Sun, Public Affairs Manager, Mars
“The invited speakers shared invaluable business lessons, demonstrated what great leaders look like, and explained how good practices foster leadership.”
– Bo Zhu, Government Relations Manager, ADM Bio Science & Technology
“I would recommend LDP because it allows you to expand the boundaries of your work and life in a way that you wouldn’t normally do.”
– Jiaqi Yuan, Product Stewardship Manager, Dow Chemical China
- Candidates can apply online.
- Fill in the application form and submit it by January 15, 2020, to email@example.com with the subject line "AmCham China Leadership Development Program"
- Be an AmCham China member or employee of a member company
- Have lived in China for a minimum of 2 years
- Make a commitment to attend all sessions (1 excused absence allowed)
- Be between the ages of 28 and 40
- Actively participate in an AmCham Committee during the program year
Participation fees for the program will be 5,000 RMB. Program participants are free to seek corporate sponsorship. For participants funding themselves, scholarships from AmCham China are also available.
The Leadership Development Program will provide participants with access to various parts of the US-China business community. Each month, there will be one three-hour session on Saturdays that covers topics such as leadership, legal issues, world governing bodies, US Embassy commercial operations, and China’s legislative process, plus a trip to Washington DC for a multi-day training with the US Chamber of Commerce.
- Program kickoff by AmCham Board of Governors & Team
- Introduction to AmCham including an overview of today’s economic environment, AmCham’s policy priorities, methods of advocacy, etc.
- Dinner & Networking
- Introduction to Chinese Government Affairs
- The Inner Workings of the State Department & US Embassies
- The WTO’s role in the US-China relationship
- The Importance of Advocacy
- Understanding Chinese Corporates & Nonprofits
- Navigating the Regulatory Environment
- Leading and Managing Effectively in China
- Exploring Leadership Frameworks
- Maximizing Your Communication Skills
- The Future of the US-China Relationship
- US Embassy
- US Chamber of Commerce
- World Bank
- US China Business Council
- Board Members
- Corporate Partners
Candidates can apply online, fill in the application form, attach a short English biography and photo, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2020, with the subject line "AmCham China Leadership Development Program".
Questions? Email Yudi Yang at email@example.com