This information portal aims to provide AmCham China members with answers to many of the questions they have around the ongoing COVID-19 situation in China, including vaccination procedures, quarantine and testing information, visa applications, and travel requirements.
- 北京日报 – Beijing will implement 7+3 quarantine for close contact and passengers who take direct international flight to Beijing (CN 7/6)
- 中国民航报 – New suspended international flights from July 5 (CN 7/5)
- China’s Embassy in the US – New test policy for departure. Removed antigen test and no more designated test centers for testers (CN EN 7/1)
- China’s Embassy in the US – Chines Embassy released new policy for visa requirements on July 1st (CN EN 7/1)
- 央视新闻 –The State Council held a teleconference to deploy, optimize and improve the prevention and control measures for Covid-19 (CN 6/28)
- 中国民航报 – New suspended international flights from June 28 (CN 6/28)
- 央视新闻 – the State Council Issued the Ninth Edition of the Prevention and Control Plan for COVID-19 (CN 6/28)
- AmCham China – Advocacy Success: Waiving of Requirement for PU Letters for Certain Visa Types (EN 6/10)
- 中国民航报 – New suspended China-bound international flights from June 10 (CN 6/13)
- CBS News – U.S. to drop COVID testing requirement for international travelers flying to the U.S. (EN CN 6/11)
- 北京日报 – All recreation centers and cybercafe in Chaoyang were closed from June 9 (CN 6/9)
- 央视新闻 – From June 9, public transportation and taxies resume in Fengtai (CN 6/8)
- 中国民航报 – New suspended international flights from June 6 (CN 6/7)
- 北京日报 – Latest prevention and control measures in Beijing (CN 6/5)
- 中国民航报 – New suspended international flights from June 1 (CN 6/1)
- Dezan Shira & Associates – COVID-19 Latest Developments & Business Advisory (EN)
- Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) – News (CN)
- 北京市心理援助热线 – Beijing Psychological Assistance Hotline (CN)
- AmCham Shanghai – Shanghai COVID-19 Updates (EN)
- PRC Consulate in US – New York (EN & CN), Chicago (EN & CN), San Francisco (EN & CN), Los Angeles (EN & CN)
- Master list of International Travel WeChat groups related to: leaving, returning, airlines, visas, family, and more. To join, add that group’s admin and request to be added in (EN)
Vaccination Resources in Beijing
To make a vaccine appointment at United Family Healthcare Beijing call 4008-919191 and follow the instructions.
To make a vaccine appointment at Raffles Medical Beijing, follow their WeChat account (ID: Raffles_Medical) and find instructions under the “预约Appt”
AmCham China Member Resources
Beijing United Family Hospital COVID-19 Information
Beijing United Family Hospital is here to support the community in all possible ways, while at the same time adhering to the Beijing Municipal Health Commission requirements. Please note this important information. Click here to download.
AmCham China Updates
US-China Fast-Track Travel Channel Program
The US-China Fast-Track Travel Channel Program (the “Program”) aims to provide a more efficient, predictable, and reliable channel for essential US company executives, technical personnel, and their dependents to enter China. This Program will enable qualified member companies to apply for a PU, or permission, letter from their local municipality and receive a reduced processing time and an increased likelihood of approval. Employees can then apply for a visa from their appropriate overseas Chinese embassy or consulate.
AmCham China is operating this nationwide Program in partnership with AmCham Shanghai, and the two chambers will jointly handle applications depending on the location of the company’s operations in China. Below is a list of frequently asked questions, which addresses the application requirements for visa approval in Beijing. The process may differ slightly in other cities, so please contact us for more details at Ding Ning email@example.com or call (10) 8519-0890.
Click here to download the US-China Fast-Track Travel Channel Program FAQs
Standing Calls on Travel & COVID-19 Procedures
Introduction on the Program from AmCham China’s dedicated Fast-Track Team.
Featuring Katie Warden, US Embassy Beijing; Jake Warden, US Embassy Beijing; Adh T. Stevens, US Embassy Beijing; Judy Liu, Delta Air Lines; Nancy Lyu, United Airlines; Helen Zhang, United Family Healthcare.
AmCham China Flash Surveys on COVID-19 Business Impact
AmCham China Survey on COVID-19 Business Impact (May 2022)
Click here to download.
AmCham China & AmCham Shanghai Joint Survey on COVID-19 Business Impact (April 2022)
Click here to download.