AmCham China is working to arrange a charter flight from the US for both foreign and Chinese employees of our member companies who are seeking to return to China. With the support of local governments and relevant Chinese ministries, our first charter flight will depart from San Francisco on September 12 and arrive directly in Beijing. We welcome our members who are seriously considering taking this flight to confirm your interest by registering via this event page by August 20, 2020.
Who is eligible to sign up for AmCham China's charter flight?
- Employees of an AmCham China member company. All nationalities welcome
- AmCham China members who have received a PU letter (invitation) from the Beijing government
- AmCham China members already in possession of a valid re-entry visa (preferred)
- AmCham China members currently in the process of applying for the PU letter and/or visa can also register their interest but should provide additional details regarding the status of their application(s).
Not yet a member? Joining AmCham China is quick and easy! Apply here or email our team at email@example.com
- We must secure a minimum of 120 passengers to guarantee the charter flight at a reasonable cost of between $3,000 and $5,000. If we do not meet this minimum, we will not be able to proceed with the flight. So we strongly encourage all who have a serious interest in the flight and meet the basic requirements (stated above) to please register with the required information as soon as possible.
- Given the complexity of applying for a single or multiple charter flight for representatives from multiple companies, a non-refundable deposit may be required once all details are confirmed. We are committed to securing a reasonable and competitive price.
- AmCham China's designated ticketing agency, Meiya, will provide up-to-date information pertaining to cost, ticketing requirements, and information on customs, immigration, and health entry requirements. Please note that a nucleic acid test (with negative results) by an entity authorized by the Chinese Embassy/relevant consulate in the US will be required before boarding the flight.
- As the first-ever charter flight organized by AmCham China, this flight will be only available for member employees seeking to return to Beijing. Details on quarantine arrangements will be confirmed as soon as possible, pending final decisions from the responsible local governments.
- AmCham China is closely working with different stakeholders on the charter flight, and we appreciate your understanding if the charter flight is canceled due to unforeseen reasons.
If you have any questions on this potential charter flight, please contact Sophie Ren at firstname.lastname@example.org or 010-8519 0873.