2016 Business Climate Survey
Below are some of the questions addressed in the report:
- What percentage of your China revenues comes from products or services that were locally designed, developed or at least tailored to local requirements?
- How does the forecast 2015 revenue of your China operations compare to 2014 results?
- How do the forecast 2015 EBIT (Earnings before interest and tax) margins of your China operations compare to those of 2014?
- How would you characterize your company’s overall return on investments since entering China?
- What is your company’s forecast for China’s GDP growth rate in 2016?
- Please select your top five business challenges in China.
- Which of the following are important opportunities for your China business? Please select your top three opportunities.
- How does China rank in your company’s near-term global investment plans?
- In the past 3 years, has your company moved capacity outside of China?
- Do you feel foreign businesses are more or less welcome in China than before?
Human Resources (HR)
- Please select your top three human resources challenges.
- What is your expectation for how much your average labor costs per employee will increase in 2016 vs. 2015?
- Do you expect to increase or decrease in headcount in China in 2016?
- Have you or has your organization experienced any difficulty in recruiting senior executive talent to work in China because of air quality issues?
- How does your employee turnover rate in 2015 compare to 2014?
Bilateral relations and Bilateral Investment Treaty
- How important are positive bilateral relations between China and the US to your business growth in China?
- What would be the primary expected impact from a US-China Bilateral Investment Treaty on your company’s operations? Please rate each of the following dimensions.
- How would you describe the importance of the completion of a high standard US-China Bilateral Investment Treaty for the following factors?
- When do you think the US-China Bilateral Investment Treaty will be signed?
Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- To what degree do Internet controls impact your ability to conduct business normally in China?
- Which aspects of Internet controls specifically hinder your business? (Please select all that apply)
- How would you rate the effectiveness of China’s IPR laws and regulations across the following categories?
- Which regions do you rate highest for “ease to do business” in China? (Pick three from list)
- Which regions do you rate highest for “local government welcoming to foreign business” (pick three from list)