2018 Board of Governors Official Nomination
Though the world changes all too quickly, what does not change is our belief that the leadership of a member-driven organization such as AmCham China should respond to the dynamics of our vibrant and changing American business community. This committment is the reason we undergo the process of electing the AmCham China Board of Governors each year.
Nominations are now open for the 2018 AmCham China Board of Governors.
What are we looking for?
- Individuals and companies that can represent diversity and inclusiveness of industrial sectors, corporate functions, subject matter expertise, sizes of companies, and gender and age groups
- A commitment to contribute to the community and support the Chamber's many advocacy, business, and community activities
- Motivated leaders
The information on roles and responsibilities of the Board can be read here.
How does the nomination work?
A complete nomination requires:
- A Nomination Form (click to download) must be filled out with the signatures of two voting members. Self-nomination is allowed as long as it is seconded by a separate voting member. Voting members can nominate more than one candidate. Nominations will be confirmed by Election Committee before official candidacy is announced.
- An official biography with a high-resolution, professional portrait photo
- A campaign statement that tells us about your candidate story and your envisioned commitment to the Chamber.
- All textual materials must be submitted in English.
The deadline for nominations is Monday, October 9, 2017 at 5:30 PM CST. This year's Annual General Meeting is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, November 16. The 2018 Board of Governors will be announced at the conclusion of the meeting.
Important 2018 Board Election Dates
October 9 Deadline to submit ballot information
Nominations close at 5:30 PM
October 10 Nominees are confirmed
Ballot announced and voting begins
October 26 "Meet the candidates” campaign mixer
November 9 "Meet the candidates” campaign mixer
November 15 Voting closes at 5:30 PM
November 16 Annual General Meeting and Election results announced
If you have a question about becoming or nominating a candidate for the AmCham China Board of Governors, please send an email to email@example.com
Please note: ALL election related communication must be through the aforementioned email address. If you do not send information to this email, we cannot guarantee that it will be processed properly.
AmCham China 2018 Board of Governors Election Committee