The American Chamber of Commerce in China Leadership Development Program is designed to train professionals to become future leaders of the US-China business community and enhance the leadership development skills of program participants. The program’s objective is to help to continue to build the US-China economic relationship and the business community by engaging motivated individuals.
About the Program
The AmCham China Leadership Development Program is a highly selective, 10-month program developed by American Chamber of Commerce in China that aims to prepare the future generation of leaders who will help the US-China relationship flourish. Each year, the Board of Governors at AmCham China intends to select 10 to 15 of the best-suited candidates to participate in the program.
The program provides candidates with learning opportunities with leaders and businessmen from China and the US through lectures, hands-on experience in AmCham China committees, a mentor network, and in-depth seminars.
Candidates of the AmCham China Leadership Development Program will gain full exposure to the US-China business community. Each month there will be one two-hour session covering topics such as multi-cultural leadership, legal issues, world governing bodies, US Embassy commercial operations, and China’s legislative processes. The program will also include a trip to Washington DC for a multi-day training with the US Chamber of Commerce (TBC). Successful candidates will be awarded an “AmCham China Leadership Development Program” certificate of completion at AmCham China’s Annual General Meeting in November 2018.
Candidates can apply online between December 14, 2017 and January 19, 2018.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE FOR THE APPLICATION?
WHEN WILL BE THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ANNOUNCED?
Successful applicants will be contacted individually and announced online on January 31, 2018 on this page.
WHEN DOES THE PROGRAM START?
The program will start in March 2018 and will conclude in November 2018 at the Annual General Meeting of AmCham China, where successful candidates will be presented with their certificates.
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA FOR THE APPLICANTS?
- Must be an individual member of AmCham China or employee of an AmCham China member company
- Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than January 1, 2018
- Must be fluent English speaker
- Must participate in at least one AmCham China committee during the program year
WHAT ARE THE FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THE AMCHAM CHINA LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM?
Participation fee is 3,000 RMB for the full 10-month program, covering seminars, education materials, and refreshments during the full length of the program.
WHAT ARE SOME TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE PROGRAM?
The program combines sessions which develop leadership skills and will expand students’ knowledge of China, while introducing them to a broad community of US-China entrepreneurs and leaders. Modules include:
- Introduction to Chinese Government Affairs
- The Inner Workings of the State Department & US Embassies
- The WTO’s role in the US-China relationship
- Understanding Chinese Corporates & Nonprofits
- Navigating the Regulatory Environment
- Exploring Leadership Frameworks
- Leading and Managing Effectively in China
- Maximizing Your Communication Skills
- The Future of the US-China Relationship