The Cosmetics and Nutrition Forum is heavily focused on advocacy and offers AmCham China members an opportunity to meet on a regular basis to discuss industry developments and issues. Forum members are also able to contribute to the annual AmCham China White Paper, which summarizes the state of the industry and the challenges ahead. Recently, the Cosmetics Forum held a meeting with CFDA to discuss changing regulations of the sector, develop an understanding of the government work plan, and engage in dialogue on major industry issues. They also scheduled a series of meetings with local food and drug administration bureaus at various provinces to discuss industry regulations.
Zhang Jun, Senior Government Affairs & Regulatory Manager, Mary Kay
The Cosmetics & Nutrition Forum has about 200 active members subscribed to the mailing list. Many of these members are senior managers working in public affairs or government affairs. The core members in the Forum include Mary Kay, Johnson & Johnson, Amway, Chanel, LVMH, L Brands Inc., Reckitt Benckiser (RB) , L'Occitane, L' Oreal, Elizabeth Arden, P&G, Bayer, BASF, Amore Pacific, Jahwa, Nu Skin, Shaklee, Herbal Life and so on.
- AmCham China “American Business in China” White Paper Chapters (annual): Cosmetics Chapter
- Events (2015 – 2016):
- Cosmetic Technical Knowledge Training in Guangdong
- Zhejiang FDA Training Program
- CFDA/CIR workshop on Safety Evaluation of Cosmetic Ingredient
- JCCT Cosmetics Regulatory Dialogue
2017 KEY TOPICS, INITIATIVES AND MILESTONES
- Three Local FDA Visits
- April: Shanghai FDA Visit with EUCCC
- April: Anhui FDA Visit
- June: Chongqing FDA Visit
- Local Capacity Building Program with Guangdong
- February: Cosmetics Industry Training Program (International best practice sharing with over 3000 local SMEs and FDA officials)
- Four Standalone Call for comments / Position Papers on industry’s key issues
- Suggestions on adding ‘Domestics authorizes Overseas’ registration channel to Pudong Imported Non-Functional Cosmetics Filing Pilot System (CFDA has officially accepted the suggestion and added the channel on May.16th )
- Suggestions on China’s Nutrition industry development
- Suggestions on China’s Cosmetics Safety and Technical Standard (Joint comments with PCPC)
- Suggestions on Standardize the Administrative Licensing Process for Cosmetics.
AMCHAM CHINA SUPPORT:
Jenny Chen, Cosmetics and Nutrition Forum Coordinator:
Tel: (8610) 8519-0865