The goal of the ICT Forum is to share and influence ICT related technical policies with industries, empowering members to maximize the benefits of technology that facilitates business in China and mitigate potential risks. The Forum is largely driven by policy updates from the Chinese and US governments and engages members through regular events, internal meetings, roundtable discussions, and company visits.
Current advocacy priorities include Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Smart Cities, Smart Manufacturing and Internet +.
ICT Forum Co-Chairs:
Joanna Mao, Deputy Director at United States Information Technology Office (USITO)
Wei Ding, Senior Director at Oracle (China) Software Systems Co., Ltd.
One of the largest Working Groups at AmCham (142 cardholders/278 subscribers). Forum membership is wide ranging and represents many industries and sectors.
- The Future of the Tech Industry: Perspective from Huawei's Global Vice President – June 20, 2017
- U.S.-China Big Data Development and Application Forum | Guiyang, Guizhou Business & Investment Outreach Trip – May 25-27, 2017
- Opening remarks at Forum by Al Beebe, involvement by Lenovo, IBM, Dell, Didi Chuxing, BiBDR, Dun & Bradstreet
- Gave AmCham China exposure outside of Beijing and to many local Chinese firms
- The US-China Tech Relationship Under Trump – May 22, 2017
- China's Cybersecurity Law: Assessing the Impact on your Business – April 17, 2017
- Artificial Intelligence: Development Trends in China and the US – August 30, 3017
- Joint Submission on the National People’s Congress E-Commerce Law the People’s Republic of China (Draft) – February 2017
- Joint Submission on the Cyberspace Administration of China’s Draft Measures on Network Product and Service Security Review – March 2017
- Joint Comments to the Cyberspace Administration of China on the Draft Security Assessment Measures for Exporting Personal Information and Important Data (Draft Measures) – May 2017
- Joint Comments to the Office of the State Commercial Cryptography Administration on the Draft Cryptography Law (Draft Law) – May 2017
- Global Association Letter on Cybersecurity Law Implementation to the CCP Leading Group for Cyberspace Affairs, Office of the Central Leading Small Group for Cyberspace Affairs, Cyberspace Administration of China – May 2017
- Submission on Information Security Technology – Guidelines for Data Cross-Border Transfer Security Assessment (Draft for Comments) – June 2017
- Joint Submission to the Cyberspace Administration of China on the Draft Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Regulations – August 2017
White Paper Chapter Delivery Meetings:
- Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) – first time AmCham has met with CAC for WP delivery – July 11, 2017
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) – August 22, 2017
AMCHAM CHINA SUPPORT:
Evan Schmitt, ICT Forum Coordinator:
Tel: (8610) 8519-0844